Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm constantly feeling new

I am moving off of Center Street. Something I didn't really see coming any time soon. It is the place I know. It is home. It is safe. There is light and love in this place. It is in a quirky neighborhood. The Lord has been speaking to people (including me, which I have kind of been ignoring a little) that when my neighbors move to a new place I am supposed to go. At first I thought no way. I couldn't imagine anywhere as awesome as this place. I started to realize that my biggest issues were my pride and comfort. Well then I need to move. After I made the decision I got really pumped for the things He is going to do. I'll be in a bigger place with Emily and Katie who I am already close with. I can go to bed early, get up early, start my day right, and have a place more conducive to intentional friendships which is something I know I'm supposed to be focusing on. Instead of the everyone in and out feeling welcome thing which is the amazingness of Center Street, I will have a home to specifically invite people over. I am excited for it. I'm not sure when or where or any details. We're just waiting on God to bring us the right place.

Also other changes have been taking place. I was in a relationship that seemed like it would go somewhere. It ended, I was confused, hurt, not sure what to do now. The beauty of all of this is that my Father picked me up, told me what He thinks about me, and bandaged up my wounds for me. It only took a week. That is crazy! This weird liking then dating sprinkled with confusion has been going on for nearly a year and in a week God healed my heart. It longs to do His will and if it is to continue in that relationship someday it will be clear and God will be the initiator. If it doesn't then He has something better for me marriage or not. He is also repairing that friendship and it hasn't been weird or awkward. It doesn't make any sense! He is so good! He is teaching me now about boldness and living everyday for Him and what it means to be ok with adulthood.

I am also pumped that it is summer. Nothing can ruin summer. It is already incredibly hot, and I love it. Teach me, Lord, how to love You and Your creation better.

No comments:

Post a Comment